Thursday 1 August 2013

Paul Steinmuller Bio as written August 2013


 
Paul Steinmuller Bio as at August 2013 from B Group ASOPA 1966/67 
 
My first posting in TPNG in 1968 was Asaroka Lutheran High School, Eastern Highlands District. I also operated the Asaroka Clinic after training in tropical medicine at a teaching hospital on Kar Kar Island (I was previously a medical student prior to attending ASOPA). I was contracted to the Lutheran Church but trained at ASOPA under agreement between the Commonwealth and the Church. Being part of the mission group isolated me from the others upon our arrival in PNG.

Returned to ASOPA in 1972 to attend the final Patrol Officer’s course. Posted as Local Govt Officer to the Kandrian Sub District, West New Britain.
Returned to ASOPA in 1972 to attend the final Patrol Officer’s course. Posted as Local Govt Officer to the Kandrian Sub District, West New Britain.

Returned to teaching at independence at Lae International High School and Hutjena High School on Buka Is. Left teaching and PNG in 1976 to take up a position as Business Manager at St Paul’s College near Albury NSW until 1980 when I left for Africa to work with a Geneva based international aid/development organisation.

Returned to PNG in 1989 as Financial Controller of the Namasu Group of Companies and Kambang Holdings Ltd. Left in 1990 after training a local person in the position to take up an appointment as CEO of Lutheran Homes for the Aged in Melbourne.

Returned to PNG several times to support the incumbent up to 1995. In 1997 appointed Executive Officer of the Lutheran Church of Aust. Qld. District resigning in 2002 to pursue my passion for wildlife and landscape photography.

Accepted a position of Business Manager of St Mary’s College Ipswich to feed my wife of 40 years, three unmarried daughters (a son lives in China) two cats, 4 possums and a 3 metre python. I operate my photography/imaging business (Wildwood Imaging and Design) from my home in Brisbane and regularly travel to Africa and other areas rich in wildlife to capture that elusive image that will one day be accepted within the top 100 images for the annual Wildlife Photographer of the Year award.

 
Some examples of my photography can be viewed in the Gallery at the link below:





No comments:

Post a Comment